Charlotte Scott is a licensed massage therapist & body worker, with advanced certifications in prenatal & postnatal massage.
Nurturing the mother™ Through pregnancy and labor – it’s important to take the time out to nurture your changing body. The increase of blood volume and fluids of pregnancy create stress on your joints and muscles. A massage in early labor can help align things and support deep relaxation that can ease your labor.
Prenatal massage benefits:
- Increases circulation and lymph flow
- Reduces maternal blood pressure
- Increases uterine blood supply improving fetal health
- Reduces stress and anxiety, reduces stress hormones
- Reduces edema
- Reduces back pain, joint pain and headaches
- Reduces prenatal and labor complications
- Provides specific techniques for labor stimulation when appropriate
- Improves oxygenation of soft tissue
- Improves sleep
Nurturing the Mother ™ Post birth, reclaiming and healingyour body as it transitions back to normal. It takes time to return, to undo what has happened over the past 9 months.. Your body is releasing fluids, hormones are changing and breastfeeding demands and sleepless nights take their toll. Your birth impacted your body both physiologically and emotionally. This is an intense time of physical and emotional change
Postnatal massage and healing session benefits:
- Cleanses lactic acid and medication residue from tissue
- Relieves structural tension from new demands on your body
- Supports physical and emotional changes
- Reduces stress and assists hormonal balance
- Helps uterus and other organs to realign
- Allows for the release in the tissue of stress from birth.
Loving the Newborn™ Infantmassage and intuitive touch. A wonderful time to bond and helps your baby to learn to adapt to a sensory environment. There is proven effects of the value of intentional touch and the development of the human nervous system.
Benefits of infant massage:
- Improves circulation
- Aids in digestion
- Increases alertness / heightened awareness
- Benefits neurological function
- Reduces stress hormones
- Increases nurturing and bonding hormones
- Improves immune function
- Creates bonding time with care givers
You can pay for services online HERE.