Recently we posted some comments some of our students shared http://alaboroflove.org/2013/02/women-are-becoming-bold-about-their-births/ but today we got another great letter that we felt we had to share!
“Thank you so much for offering these trans-formative classes. I truly believe the work you are doing is making a difference. I really wasn’t sure what to expect when I walked in on the first day but I can tell you I got what I needed even though I had no idea I needed it! It was the missing link to fully preparing my mind and body for birth.
For any women who are looking for a great way to prepare for their upcoming birth, the BOLD method as I experienced IS:
- IT IS the exploration of your feelings, beliefs, and attitudes towards birth.
- IT IS the release of any fears, worries and judgments that may hold you back in labor.
- IT IS building a vision for your birth.
- IT IS practical hands-on preparation including pain coping techniques, optimal labor positions and guidance for partners.
- IT IS creative and fun while providing a deeper, connected understanding and confidence in your body.
- IT IS about trusting your intuition, being your ultimate guide, and taking responsibility for your birth.
- IT IS empowerment at its core.
Both Charlotte and Teresa are inspiring women to learn from. They get down to the nitty gritty, are passionate about birth and give you a safe space to unleash, get clear, re-build and create the birth of your dreams. My favorite analogy of the weekend was that labor is a lot like running a marathon. If you don’t train for it how can you expect to be allowed to compete? Marathons are not just physical training but mental as well. Being a runner, I can relate to “Hitting the wall” when you physically can’t go on, it’s your mind that pushes you through.
I feel prepared, confident and excited about my upcoming birth. I am so grateful to you both for all that you have shared!