Charlotte Scott is a labor doula, childbirth educator licensed massage therapist & body worker, with advanced certifications in prenatal & postnatal massage.
Nurturing the mother to be – it’s important to take the time out to nurture your changing body. The increase of blood volume and fluids of pregnancy create stress on your joints and muscles. (She provides this in her office or in your home- which is the preference as she allows you to then tuck into bed relaxed afterwards.)
Prenatal massage benefits:
- Increases circulation and lymph flow
- Reduces maternal blood pressure
- Increases uterine blood supply improving fetal health
- Reduces stress and anxiety, reduces stress hormones
- Reduces edema
- Reduces back pain, joint pain and headaches
- Reduces prenatal and labor complications
- Provides specific techniques for labor stimulation when appropriate
- Improves oxygenation of soft tissue
- Improves sleep
Nurturing the postnatal body – transitioning back to normal, it takes time to return, to undo what has happened over the past 9 months to your body, it is an intense time of physical and emotional change. Your body is releasing fluids, hormones are changing and breastfeeding demands and sleepless nights have their impact.
Postnatal massage benefits:
- Cleanses lactic acid and medication residue from tissue
- Relieves structural tension from new demands on your body
- Supports physical and emotional changes
- Reduces stress and assists hormonal balance
Nurturing the infant – a wonderful time to help your baby learn to adapt to a sensory environment. There is proven effects of the value of intentional touch and the development of the human nervous system.
Benefits of infant massage:
- Improves circulation
- Assists in digestion
- Increases alertness / heightened awareness
- Benefits neurological function
- Reduces stress hormones
- Increases nurturing and bonding hormones
- Improves immune function
- Creates bonding time with care givers
You can purchase a massage session, or package of sessions here: Prenatal Massage Therapy
Contact Charlotte Scott at email@example.com or 770.688.0519 to schedule your appointment.