Jana wanted a different experience this time than her two previous medicated births. She is one of our postpartum doulas. She decided to have Renee, not only her friend but now her doula at her birth and she decided to take our BOLD Women’s Weekend to prepare. This is what she shared.
What I loved about the class:
- I loved that it pushed me over the edge from thinking I might be able to go without drugs to believing that I absolutely could.
- I loved the group aspect and the different perspectives. I learned so much from each person even if their situation was very different from mine.
- I loved the feeling of empowerment that came through in the different exercises in various ways.
- I loved feeling supported in a bigger way. I had always viewed support as an almost tangible and very obvious thing.
- Through the Bold weekend I learned that the feeling of support from generations of women or from women all over the world that I don’t even know is just as powerful and necessary.
- I loved the calming nature of the weekend.
- At first I was sort of put off that it was an entire weekend of my time away from my family. I realized after the fact that I needed that time in it’s entirety not only to calmly and slowly understand myself and this birth, but to also take a minute in a very hectic life to be still.
- I loved the wealth of knowledge that you both have in similar and different ways. It made everything feel very well rounded.