Wisdom for Birth Couple’s Workshop – Athens
July 20 @ 10:00 am - 6:30 pm$180
Teresa Howard is the instructor. Teresa has been an educator for over 18 years. She is a certified BOLD Birth Facilitator and trained Dancing for Birth instructor. Class size is limited to offer intimacy & time for sharing.
The Wisdom for Birth Couples’ Workshop covers:
- Holistic stages of labor & birth
- Signs of labor starting and timing contractions
- What do you pack? When do you go?
- Pain coping skills
- Positions for labor and birth
- Creating a supportive birth environment
- Partner support- how to be a great partner
- Learn how to ask questions of “white coats”
- Contingency plans…what if it doesn’t go like we expected
- Natural birth vs. unmedicated birth
- Medications & interventions
- Cesarean birth factors
- Baby options & procedures
- Preparing for the new baby
- Introduction to breastfeeding
Classes are taught in Atlanta and Athens. The cost of the workshop is $180. Pay in advance to reserve your spot. A calendar invite will be sent to confirm your registration.
Instruction lasts from 10am to 6:30pm with a working lunch break. Please bring your lunch as there are limited options nearby.
This was shared by one of the recent students, “This should be a REQUIRED class for anyone having a baby. This class is poetry! I thought that all I needed was facts to be prepared….Little did I realize that birth is so much more than just knowing how to pronounce Erythromycin! …Teresa brings in your partners for to explore your relationship, create intimacy and make sure the dads learn the basics and the facts right alongside the moms… I’m so glad I found this class. I have no more fears, only anticipation for my big day!!”
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.