Labor of Love is a group of Atlanta and Athens area doulas that share the same philosophy about supporting birth. We love working with new families from the time of planning and preparing to the growth of their family. We offer many services that will help equip you for the journey from childbirth preparation into parenting preparation.
We work together so well because of this shared philosophy and our sense of community. Each of us brings the most important things to you, our hearts and hands. Although we don’t all have the same experience, we benefit from the more experienced ones in the group. The lesser experienced in our group are mentored by the more experienced. Experience is important, but not an absolute essential when we work together as a team. We help each other out when there is something needed from another’s experience and expertise. Here is an article about what makes us different.
- FREE Interviews with as many of the doulas as you desire
- FREE Meet and Mingles every six weeks, a place to meet us all in one place
- FLAT FEES no matter what your length of labor is, no extra charges for long labors
- SECURE BACK UP– you never have to wonder, if your doula is caught in an emergency, who your back up would be- it is someone within our company- although it is rare to need a back up
- FEES are based on experience– so if you need a doula on a budget, we offer that
- We service ALL of the metro area of Atlanta and surrounding areas like Athens too!
- We support both medicated and non-medicated births as well as planned cesarean births
- We attend hospital, home and birth center births.
- We offer classes in both ATLANTA midtown, ROSWELL and ATHENS
“If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.” – John H. Kennell, MD
Meeting all of us at our free Meet and Mingle is a great way to meet all of us and hear a full overview of our services. Our blog has recommendation letters you may want to read. Email us to get a copy of the information packet for our services that detail our fees and give you our contact phone numbers for each of us.
“Childbirth is an experience in a woman’s life that holds the power to transform her forever. Passing through these powerful gates – in her own way – remembering all the generations of women who walk with her… She is never alone.” – Suzanne Arms